Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So Easy - Strawberry Tarts

Every Spring I get so excited for strawberries to come into season. I love eating them plain, and on shortcakes, and I especially love them in freshly made freezer jam! I whipped up these little tartlets for a morning much and mingle I hosted. They were so easy! They only need 3 ingredients (4 if you want to top them with whipping cream). I used a store bought pie crust from a can to make the little shells.

You just un-roll the dough, and it is ready to bake. I used a scallop edged cookie cutter about 3" across and baked the dough in a muffin tin for about 7 minutes. They might be even tastier if you used sugar cookie dough instead.

The I spread a layer of strawberry glaze in the bottom of each tart. You can make your own if you would like, but I just bout a tub I found next to the strawberries in the produce section.

Check out that gorgeous red color!

Fill the tarts the rest of the way with sliced strawberries and tah-dah!

1 comment:

  1. Those look AMAZING!!!! Are you sure you already ate them all?

    ReplyDelete